Jerk Tofu with Grilled Pineapple
Meatless Monday – Jerk Tofu with Grilled Pineapple
- packet Dimply's Jerk Chicken Rub
- 1 1/2 cups Pineapple diced, fresh
- 1 medium Tomato seeded and chopped
- 1 Sweet Onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro minced, fresh
- 1 tsp Coriander ground
- 3/4 tsp Cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Long Grain White Rice
- 1/4 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Slice tofu block into 6 or 7 slices and place between paper towels with a weight to drain out as much liquid as possible. Occasionally squeeze out paper towels and re-press. Continue to press for at least 3 hours, then poke tofu with forks to help them absorb the marinade.
- Mix Pineapple, sugar, and Dimply's Jerk Chicken rub. add tofu and marinate for as long as possible, overnight preferred.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium, grill tofu, then carefully rotate to criss cross grill marks, repeat on opposite side.
- Meanwhile, toss some macadamia nuts in a pan over medium low heat and toast for a few seconds until fragrant. crush with a knife.
- Heat coconut milk, water and salt until liquified, then add rice. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce, and heat until liquid is absorbed.